Saturday, March 12, 2005

The blank blog is staring back at you*- 1


Nicole Blackman

Bloggers sometimes become characters much like blogging becomes a literary mode:

"Right now I'm sitting two doors down from Brian, looking at my bookshelf--and Tom's. And I see a hodge-podge of fantasy, Neal Stephenson, Gore Vidal, Norton anthologies, memoirs, "feminist" literature (whatever that means) on marriage, Egypt and Iran, cookbooks, New York guidebooks, novels from possibly every era, from Wuthering Heights to my recently signed Lost in the City. (Anyone who knows us will guess what books are mine and what books are Tom's.) To avoid the cliche, the thing I feel most tells about me through my books is the creases in the spine, the dog-eared pages, the coffee stain on the title page."
(A woolf by any other name)
*David Weinberger
AdSense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home